A LITTLE BIT ABOUT US
The bunkhouse is owned and run by Emma and Peter Harrison.
Emma and Peter are both holders of the Mountain Leader award, and also offer guided walks in the Black Mountains as well as the Central and Western Beacons.
01874 730 080
07341 906 937
The Star Bunkhouse
Brecon Road (A40)
Please read these common and frequently asked questions about our bunkhouse. If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact us.
1. Your booking. You, as the person making the booking, are responsible for safeguarding and responsible behaviour of all members of your party. You, as the person in charge of your party, must be at least 18 years old at the time of booking.
2. Arrival & departure.
- Bookings commence from 4pm on arrival day, with the bunkhouse vacated by 10am on departure day.
- Your room and/or whole bunkhouse is fully cleaned and disinfected prior to your arrival, and will be cleaned again after your departure.
- Luggage storage is available on request.
- Please try to leave the bunkhouse as you found it:
o Cleaning materials are provided for general cleaning, but no need to go too far, such as mopping floors or cleaning showers!
o Please ensure that used dishes are cleaned, dried & put away
o Please remove sheets, pillow cases & duvet covers from all used beds -
3. Basic supplies. We provide toilet rolls, paper towels, hand soap/sanitiser, sanitary bags, dishwasher tablets, kitchen roll, washing-
4. Heating & fuel. Central heating is provided and there is a good supply of hot water for showers & sinks. As an optional extra, we sell instant lighting charcoal & seasoned hardwood logs for use on our chiminea as a BBQ/outdoor fire & for our indoor wood-
5. Bedding & towels.
- All beds are made ready for your arrival:
o Single bunks: 1 pillow & 1 duvet
o Double bunks: 2 pillows & 1 duvet
o All pillows & mattresses have protectors
- Please refrain from bringing your own bedding or sleeping bags so we can maintain a high-
quality, clean environment for all guests.
- We do not provide hair dryers, towels, shampoo/conditioner or shower gel.
- We offer a towel hire service (£1 per towel).
6. Families & young children. We are able to provide up to 2 travel cots & 1 high chair on request. However, no bedding, linen or towels are provided for the cots, so you will need to provide your own. If you are hiring the whole bunkhouse, children under the age of 3 can stay with us for free.
7. Telecommunications. Mobile phone coverage in our village, and within the bunkhouse, may be limited. Free Wi-
8. No smoking. We operate a strict no smoking policy throughout the premises, including entrances, by windows and our storage area for heating oil. Smoking is permitted in the BBQ area where ashtrays are provided. We strongly request that cigarette butts are disposed of responsibly.
9. Noise & disturbance. Our bunkhouse is in a village location. It is unsuitable as a party house or as a venue for loud music, and as such we do not accept bookings for Stag/Hen & 18th/21st birthday parties and similar. We ask that all guests are considerate to other guests, our overnight caretaker (who resides in the right-
10. Parking. We have a small off-
11. Bicycles. Secure bike storage is available in one of our garages. Cycle racks, bike pump & bike wash available.
12. Outside hose & boot scraper. Please take care with muddy boots, clothing & other equipment. If possible, please wash items outside before placing in our drying room. Our small, but efficient, drying room includes a dehumidifier & washing machine (£1 per wash, detergent provided).
13. Fireworks. Fireworks & Chinese lanterns are not permitted at any time due to our proximity to a main road & our location within a farming community.
14. Lost Property. All lost property is recorded. If you leave any personal belongings, please contact us with a description. If we have the item we will post it back to you and ask that you reimburse P&P costs. If unclaimed after 3 months it will be passed to a local charity shop.
15. Cancellation policy. We ask for 25% of the total cost to be paid in advance in order to secure bookings. If you need to cancel, we will only return the deposit if we can re-