A LITTLE BIT ABOUT US
The bunkhouse is owned and run by Emma and Peter Harrison.
Emma and Peter are both holders of the Mountain Leader award, and also offer guided walks in the Black Mountains as well as the Central and Western Beacons.
01874 730 080
07341 906 937
Fully equipped kitchen with:
- Ovens, microwaves, toasters, kettles, fridges & freezer
- Large sink & dishwasher
- Cutlery, plates, bowls, mugs, cafetieres, glasses, saucepans, baking trays, casserole dishes, chopping boards, etc.
- First aid kit & cleaning materials (handwash, washing up liquid & cloths, tea towels, kitchen cleaner, dishwasher tablets, etc.)
Our bunkhouse offers casual & comfortable accommodation, designed for muddy boots, for up to 20 people.
The Star Bunkhouse
Open plan lounge & dining area with:
- Games corner with board games, quiz books, puzzles & toys
- Our fireplace Library (Brecon Beacons National Park walking & cycling routes, OS maps, outdoorsy/country living books & magazines, fiction & non-
fiction set in or about Wales, children's books)
- Seating & large dining table
- Woodburning stove & kindling bucket (seasoned hardwood logs for sale, or bring your own!)
Snug ('Cwtch'); hallway leading to Drying & Shower Rooms:
- Additional seating & large dining table
- Tourist information leaflets
- Small, but efficient, drying room with clothes rail, boot racks, dehumidifier & washing machine (£1 per wash, detergent provided)
- Male & female shower rooms with sinks, WCs, private shower cubicles & plenty of hot water!
Spacious bedrooms (please see floor plan)– all bed linen provided; beds will be made up on your arrival. NB. Our policy is that you will only share a bedroom with members of your own party:
- Rooms 1 & 4 – 1 x triple sleeper bunk bed with double
bed on bottom bunk and single bed on top bunk
- Room 2, 5 & 6 – 2 x single bunk beds
- Room 3 (family room) – 1 x single bunk bed & 1 x triple
sleeper bunk bed + en-
- Outdoor space with picnic tables,gas BBQ & chiminea (charcoal & wood for sale, or bring your own)
- Secure bike storage
- Bike wash facility
- Off road parking suitable for cars & minibus
The Star Bunkhouse
Brecon Road (A40)
Images by drone.dragonuk and The Star Bunkhouse.
Walking distance to nearest shops: The Gate Shop: post office & general store (500 metres), Welsh Venison Centre: farm shop & cafe (1.3km)
Nearest pub: The New Inn, Bwlch is across the road!