A LITTLE BIT ABOUT US
The bunkhouse is owned and run by Emma and Peter Harrison.
Emma and Peter are both holders of the Mountain Leader award, and also offer guided walks in the Black Mountains as well as the Central and Western Beacons.
01874 730 080
07341 906 937
Coronavirus statement. As of 21st March 2020, The Star Bunkhouse will remain closed until further notice. We are currently contacting all customers with bookings in May, and are processing refunds/credit notes, or requests to move bookings, for this period only.
We are registered with Powys County Council & Powys Teaching Health Board to provide accommodation, if required, in response to COVID-
We thank everyone for their understanding in these exceptional and unprecedented circumstances.
#StayHomeSaveLives Updated: 9th May 2020
Terms & Conditions
The Star Bunkhouse
Brecon Road (A40)
Please take the time to read this information so that you can prepare for your stay with us. It contains details of facilities available, our cancellation policy, and possible restrictions you may encounter at our bunkhouse. If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact us.
1. Your booking. You, as the person making the booking, will be responsible for the safeguarding and behaviour of all members of your party. You, as the person in charge of your party, must be at least 18 years old at the time of booking.
2. Arrival & departure. Bookings commence from 4pm on arrival day, with the bunkhouse vacated by 10am on departure day.
- We often have new guests arriving at 4pm, so it is not usually possible to accommodate late checkouts or early check-
ins, although we are happy to store luggage if required.
- We are unable to accommodate requests to return for showers after check-
- Before departure, please ensure that the bunkhouse is generally tidy, with all used dishes washed-
up, dried & put away. Please remove the sheet, pillow case & duvet cover from all used beds.
3. Basic supplies. We provide toilet rolls, hand soap, paper towels, washing-
4. Heating & fuel. Central heating is provided. There is a good supply of hot water for showers & sinks. We sell charcoal & seasoned hardwood logs for optional use of our chiminea as a BBQ or outdoor fireplace & for our indoor wood-
5. Bedding & towels.
- Bedding is included in the price. Single bunks: 1 pillow & 1 duvet. Double bunks: 2 pillows & 1 duvet. Pillow cases, sheets & duvet covers are provided. All pillows & mattresses have protectors.
- You will need to bring your own hair dryers & towels, or use our towel hire service if more convenient (£1 per towel).
6. Families & children. We are able to provide 3 travel cots & 1 high chair. However, no bedding, linen or towels are provided for cots, so you will need to provide your own.
7. Telecommunications. Mobile phone coverage may be limited due to our location. Free Wi Fi is available in the bunkhouse. We do not provide televisions, but we do have a hotel TV licence for guests to download or watch any BBC programmes on iPlayer using their own devices.
8. No smoking. We operate a strict no smoking policy throughout the premises, by all our entrances and storage areas for Calor gas, heating oil and bins/recycling. Smoking is only permitted in the car park and BBQ area. Please use the ashtrays provided.
9. Noise & disturbance. Our bunkhouse is unsuitable as a party house, and as such we are unable to accept bookings for Stag/Hen & 18th/21st birthday parties. We ask that all guests are considerate to other guests, as well as to our neighbours. Please remember to minimise noise, especially between 11pm—8am.
10. Parking. We have a small off-
11. Bicycles. Secure bike storage is available in one of our garages. Cycle racks, bike pump & outside hose provided.
12. Outside hose & boot scraper. Please take care with muddy boots, clothing & other equipment. If possible, please wash items outside before placing in our drying room. Our small, but efficient, drying room includes a dehumidifier & washing machine (£1 per wash, detergent provided).
13. Fireworks. Fireworks & Chinese lanterns are not permitted at any time due to our proximity to a main road & our location within a farming community.
14. Lost Property. If you leave any personal belongings, please contact us with a description. If we have the item we will post it back to you and ask that you reimburse P&P costs. All lost property is recorded. If unclaimed after 3 months it will be passed to a local charity shop.
15. Cancellation policy. We ask for 25% of the total cost to be paid in advance in order to secure bookings. If you need to cancel, we will return the deposit, or proportion of it, if we can resell the rooms, minus a £5 admin fee. If we can't resell the rooms, we are unable to return the deposit. We recommend that you cover your booking with appropriate travel insurance.