A LITTLE BIT ABOUT US
The bunkhouse is owned and run by Emma and Peter Harrison.
Emma and Peter are both holders of the Mountain Leader award, and also offer guided walks in the Black Mountains as well as the Central and Western Beacons.
01874 730 080
07341 906 937
Our standard rate is £19 per person per night (self-
Advance booking is recommended, but not always essential (subject to availability); advance bookings are secured with a 25%
Our payment options are debit card, online bank transfer, cash or cheque.
Please feel free to contact us to discuss your requirements. We are very happy to help you to organise your stay, for example:
- Exclusive use is available by arrangement, with an option to book a continental breakfast (using local sourced products) in advance for a small additional cost.
- We are dog-
friendly when all guests are happy to share the bunkhouse with dogs. If this can be arranged, we charge £5 per dog per night.
The Star Bunkhouse
Brecon Road (A40)
Please take the time to read this information so that you can prepare for your stay with us. It contains details of the facilities available and possible restrictions you may encounter at our bunkhouse. If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact us.
- Your booking. You, as the person making the booking, will be responsible for all members of your party. You, as the person in charge of your party, must be at least 18 years old at the time of booking.
- Arrival and departure. Bookings commence at 4pm on the arrival day, with the bunkhouse vacated by 11am on the departure day. We try to be as flexible as possible about arrival/departure times and don’t impose these restrictions unless circumstances dictate.
- Basic supplies. We provide toilet paper, washing-
up liquid, hand soap, paper towels and cleaning agents for the bathrooms and kitchen. As far as possible, the cleaning products we use are environmentally friendly. NB. we sell charcoal & hardwood logs for our BBQ and wood-www.ygwyllt.co.uk. burning stove, but please feel free to bring your own. We also have a selection of frozen ready meals (chillis, stews, curries) for sale made by
- Linen. Linen is included in the price. This includes pillowcases, bottom sheet and duvet cover, oven gloves and tea towels. However, you will need to bring your own towels.
- Bicycles. Secure bike storage is available in our garage.
- Outside hose. Please take care with wet/muddy boots and clothing and other equipment. If possible, please wash items outside before placing in our drying room. Our drying room has a dehumidifier and washing machine (£1 per wash, detergent provided).
- Families and children. We are able to provide 2 travel cots and 1 high chair. However, no bedding, linen or towels are provided for cots, so you’ll need to provide your own.
- Telecommunications. Mobile phone coverage may be limited due to our location. Free WiFi is available in the bunkhouse.
- No smoking. We operate a strict no smoking policy throughout the premises, and near our storage areas for gas, oil and bins/recycling. Smoking is permitted in the car park and BBQ area.
- Fireworks. Fireworks and Chinese lanterns are not permitted at any time due to our proximity to a main road and our location within a farming community.
- Noise and disturbance. Please consider other guests and our neighbours. Guests are asked to minimise noise especially between 11pm and 8am.
- Liability. We do not accept any liability for theft or damage to your property or injury to you (or other members of your party) whilst on our premises, unless caused by our negligence. Vehicles are parked at your own risk.
- Insurance. In your own interests you are strongly recommended to take out adequate insurance cover against personal accident or injury, or loss and breakage of personal property and equipment, and any cancellations.