A LITTLE BIT ABOUT US
The bunkhouse is owned and run by Emma and Peter Harrison.
Emma and Peter are both holders of the Mountain Leader award, and also offer guided walks in the Black Mountains as well as the Central and Western Beacons.
01874 730 080
07341 906 937
Private Bedrooms (for individuals, couples & small groups):
Standard tariff £20pppn
Exclusive Use (for up to 20 people):
+++ Family, school & youth group rates available on request -
Light cardholders +++
Dogs (strictly by prior arrangement) £5 per dog per night
Continental Breakfast (exclusive use bookings only, advance notice required) £5pp -
Guided Walks see http://www.starbunkhouse.com/guided_walks.html
Towel Hire £1
Washing Machine £1
Seasoned Hardwood Logs £4/bag
BBQ Charcoal £3/bag
Advance booking is recommended but not always essential (subject to availability). Advance bookings are secured
with a 25% deposit with the remaining balance due on or by your arrival date. Our payment options are debit or
credit card, bank transfer, and cash. PayPal & cheques by request. Please feel free to contact us to discuss your
requirements. We are very happy to help you to organise your stay.
The Star Bunkhouse
Brecon Road (A40)
Please take the time to read this information so that you can prepare for your stay with us. It contains details of the facilities available and possible restrictions you may encounter at our bunkhouse. If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact us.
- Your booking. You, as the person making the booking, will be responsible for all members of your party. You, as the person in charge of your party, must be at least 18 years old at the time of booking.
- Cancellation policy. We ask for 25% of the total cost to be paid in advance in order to secure all advance bookings. If you need to cancel, we will return the deposit, or proportion of it, if we can resell the rooms, minus a £5 admin fee. If we can't resell the rooms, we are unable to return the deposit.
- Arrival and departure. Arrival and departure. Bookings commence at 4pm on arrival day, with the bunkhouse vacated by 11am on departure day. We often have new guests arriving at 4PM, so it is not usually possible to accommodate late checkouts or early check-
ins, although we are happy to store luggage if required. Before departure, please ensure that the bunkhouse is generally tidy, with all used dishes washed- up, dried and put away, and the sheet, pillow case and duvet cover removed from all used beds.
- Basic supplies. We provide toilet paper, washing-
up liquid, J- cloth, sponge, scourer, tea towels, hand soap, paper towels, multi- surface cleaner, tea, coffee, sugar & cooking basics such as salt, pepper, vinegar and oil. NB. these are all limited supplies so you may need to purchase more if anything runs out. As far as possible, the cleaning products we use are environmentally friendly. We also sell charcoal & hardwood logs for our chiminea (BBQ/outdoor fireplace) and for our indoor wood- burning stove, but please feel free to bring your own.
- Linen. Linen is included in the price. This includes pillowcases, bottom sheet and duvet cover. However, you will need to bring your own towels, or use our towel hire service if more convenient (£1 per towel).
- Bicycles. Secure bike storage is available in our garage.
- Outside hose. Please take care with wet/muddy boots and clothing and other equipment. If possible, please wash items outside before placing in our drying room. Our drying room has a dehumidifier and washing machine (£1 per wash, detergent provided).
- Families and children. We are able to provide 2 travel cots and 1 high chair. However, no bedding, linen or towels are provided for cots, so you’ll need to provide your own.
- Telecommunications. Mobile phone coverage may be limited due to our location. Free WiFi is available in the bunkhouse.
- Lost Property. If you leave any personal belongings, please contact us with a description. If we have the item we will post it back to you and ask that you reimburse the P&P costs. All lost property is recorded. If unclaimed after 3 months it is passed to a local charity shop.
- No smoking. We operate a strict no smoking policy throughout the premises, and near our storage areas for gas, oil and bins/recycling. Smoking is permitted in the car park and BBQ area.
- Fireworks. Fireworks and Chinese lanterns are not permitted at any time due to our proximity to a main road and our location within a farming community.
- Noise and disturbance. Please consider other guests and our neighbours. Guests are asked to minimise noise especially between 11pm and 8am.
- Liability. We do not accept any liability for theft or damage to your property or injury to you (or other members of your party) whilst on our premises, unless caused by our negligence. Vehicles are parked at your own risk.
- Insurance. In your own interests you are strongly recommended to take out adequate insurance cover against personal accident or injury, or loss and breakage of personal property and equipment, and any cancellations.